Ductless AC Repair in Morro Bay, Cayucos, San Luis Obispo, Los Osos, CA, and Surrounding Areas
When do I need ductless AC repairs?
Your air conditioner must keep up with the demand for cooling and dehumidifying during the summer months. If you’re experiencing issues with your ductless air conditioning system, call on the experts at Pacific Heating & Sheet Metal for your ductless ac repair needs in Morro Bay, Cayucos, San Luis Obispo, Los Osos, CA, and the surrounding area.
Here are several signs to look out for that may indicate the unit is in need of repair:
- Strange noises when the AC is running: If your air conditioner makes a strange or unusual noise when it’s turned on, you could have a problem with the refrigerant system. The noises are coming from either an under-charged unit or from a leaky component in the condenser coil.
- Low cooling airflow: You may notice that cold air output drops off after running your AC for some time during this season of scorching heatwaves around the country. Temperature control may be out of whack, making rooms feel warmer than they should because there isn’t enough cold air being pumped into them.
- Poor temperature control: If you can’t seem to get your room down below 80 degrees, regardless of how high you have the temperature set on your thermostat, there could be a refrigerant leak in your condenser, or your indoor fan motor may not be working. In extremely hot weather conditions, this is too warm of an acceptable room temperature to live comfortably.
- Strange smells: When the smell of burning dust permeates your living space (especially when you’ve been running the AC), this indicates that the AC unit is not properly or safely ventilating. Moisture from inside your home condenses on the AC’s metal components, causing rusting and short-circuiting.
Are you unsure whether or not it is time for ductless AC repairs? Schedule an appointment with Pacific Heating & Sheet Metal to inspect your unit in Morro Bay, Cayucos, San Luis Obispo, Los Osos, CA, and surrounding areas.
What are the most common types of ductless AC repairs?
Ductless air conditioning units are known for being inexpensive. However, just because they’re cheap doesn’t mean that you should expect them to be a disposable form of air conditioning.
These units can last us many years if we avoid common avoidable issues that lead to expensive repairs. Some of the most common preventable ductless air conditioning repairs (and the repairs themselves) include:
- Replacing or repairing a capacitor: Most units will come with a dual capacitor system that helps regulate the speed and power of the unit. If this fails, you may be able to fix it by replacing just one component instead of replacing both.
- Replacing an air filter: People often put off changing their air filter for a season or two, which can damage the unit due to excess dust and debris.
- Replacing a fan motor: Issues with your fan motor can lead to low airflow, condensation, and ice buildup on your evaporator coil. Replacing this part is relatively simple compared to other elements of your system.