When it comes to heating your home, you want to ensure that you have a system that can efficiently and effectively keep your family warm all winter long. If your furnace is on its last legs, it may be time to start shopping for a replacement. But with so many different models and types of furnaces on the market, how can you be sure you are choosing the right one for your home?
Here are a few key factors that you should keep in mind when shopping for a new furnace:
- AFUE Rating: The AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) rating is a measure of how much fuel used by the furnace is converted into heat. The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the furnace will be. Look for a furnace with an AFUE rating of at least 80%.
- Location of Furnace: The location of your furnace is important for two reasons. First, you want to ensure that the furnace is easily accessible for maintenance and repairs. Second, you want to be sure that the furnace is located in an area where it won’t be a nuisance or cause any problems. For example, you don’t want the furnace to be near a bedroom where it will be noisy.
- Size: Furnaces are available in a variety of different sizes. It’s important to choose a furnace that is the right size for your home. If the furnace is too small, it won’t be able to heat your home effectively, and if it’s too large, it will use more energy than necessary to heat your home.
- Type: There are two main types of furnaces i.e, gas and oil. Gas furnaces are more common and tend to be more efficient than oil furnaces. However, oil furnaces may be a better option if you live in an area where natural gas is not readily available.
- Features: Some furnaces come with special features that can be beneficial for your home. For example, some models come with built-in humidifiers. If you live in a dry climate, this can be a valuable feature to have.
- Warranty: Be sure to check the warranty on any furnace you’re considering. Most manufacturers offer a limited warranty on their products. This can give you peace of mind in knowing that your furnace is covered in case of any problems.
If you are in the market for a new furnace, keep these things in mind to help you choose the right model for your home. If you need any assistance with heating installation and replacement services, contact Pacific Heating & Sheet Metal. We have been serving the San Luis Obispo, CA area for over 25 years and would be happy to help you select and install a high-efficiency furnace that will keep your home warm and your energy bills low. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for heating installation services in San Luis Obispo, CA.