Even if you own one of the best air conditioners, they require maintenance to be efficient in all seasons.
Often homeowners are in doubt about how often an air conditioner needs servicing? Some say six months, while some stick to annual maintenance.
This piece will give you a brief idea of the air conditioner servicing and the benefits of regular checkups:
The Frequency of Servicing
To ensure your air conditioner is clean and capable of running in all seasons efficiently, you should get it serviced twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall.
Apart from professional servicing, homeowners must ensure the AC components are clean and are at their peak efficiency.
The Advantages of AC Maintenance Contracts
Benefits associated with Maintenance Contracts:
- Ensures Maintenance Checkup Never Skips: Once you sign an agreement with your HVAC contractor, they ensure maintenance checkup is done timely. Along with this, they also take care of AC tune-up activities.
- Priority Service: Ever been in an emergency breakdown situation? You start searching for an air conditioner service near me. When you sign a contract, your HVAC partner will fix the problem without making you wait for a long time.
- Discounts on various parts and accessories: There are times when an air conditioner part is damaged or not working efficiently and, it requires replacing it with a new one. If you buy a new component from the market, you might land up with the wrong one at a cheaper rate or the right one at a high price.
- Reduced rates on maintenance plans: Maintenance plans are not always the cheapest. If you buy an AC from an HVAC partner, signing a maintenance contract with them is the best deal for you as you get the plans at reduced rates compared to customers only going for a maintenance plan.
The Consequences of Not Servicing at All
- Indoor Air Quality is poor.
- Energy Bills take a spike.
- The number of repairs and replacements increase gradually
- AC won’t last longer -shorter lifespan.
Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips:
It is essential to add these to your maintenance routine to experience a humid-free home.
- Change HVAC filters timely every 30-90 days.
- Cleaning of Drain line.
- Keep the outdoor unit clean.