AC capacitors store the energy required to jumpstart the unit during the start of a new cycle. If it is time to replace your AC capacitor, you might be wondering about the replacement costs. The prices usually depend on the device’s model and brand. Read on to know all about AC capacitor replacement costs.
Replacement Costs by a Professional
When you want your air conditioner’s capacitor to be replaced by a professional, the costs usually vary from $60 to $120. To be more detailed, the low-end cost is around $120, whereas the high-end cost is around $400. It costs about $170 for average services. These prices cover transportation, wages, along tools. Contact a professional by browsing San Luis Obispo AC repair online and schedule a service.
AC capacitor replacement costs when done by self!
Before we get into the costs, you need to be aware of the precautions you need to take before repairing your air conditioner’s capacitor yourself.
- Take your time and do thorough research about air conditioners.
- Get ready with the required safety gear and equipment.
- Search for AC repair in San Luis Obispo and book an appointment if you are unsure about the process.
It is not a simple DIY task that can be done easily without any prior research and knowledge. Many serious problems may arise if you are not careful. Working with electrical devices is also harmful at times. Additionally, there might be fluid leaks from the device, which are toxic. You could even damage your air conditioner if proper care is not taken. Now that you are fully prepared, let us discuss the costs.
- The average cost to replace an AC capacitor yourself is around $60 – $100, including the device and tool prices. This will help you save around $60 – $200 as you are doing it yourself.
- If you do not have the required tools, you should add $50 to your budget. All your tools should be insulated as you work with electricity.
- The tools usually include an insulated screwdriver, nut driver, safety glasses, and safety gloves which cost around $15, $5, $10, and $20, respectively.
However, it is always advised to talk to a professional about your San Luis Obispo AC repair needs.
Maximize the lifespan of the capacitors
Generally, an AC capacitor will last throughout the lifespan of an air conditioner which is usually around 20 years. However, in some cases, there may be a failure of capacitors in the device. These factors include uneven voltage rating and exposure of outdoor units to extreme heat. Avoid these to increase the durability of your capacitor. Regular checkups will also play a vital role in the durability of your device.
Get in touch with an expert for AC repair in San Luis Obispo to replace your air conditioner’s capacitor or for any other needs. Pacific Heating and Sheet Metal are known for HVAC maintenance, installation, and repair for your residential and commercial building systems. You can call us at (805) 254-7619 or drop a mail at email@example.com today!